Now Hiring - Part-Time Library Page
Applications Due Tuesday, July 14 by 5:00 p.m.The City of Stewartville is accepting applications for the position of Library Page. Duties include non-supervisory manual work to shelve books and check materials in and out. Will perform clerical and other support tasks as directed by supervisory staff.
Salary Pay Grade 2: $11.83/hr.
Applicants can obtain an application at City Hall, or by clicking the link below.
Please submit your application to the City of Stewartville, 105 E 1st St., Stewartville, or by email to City Clerk, Cheryl Roeder - firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on July 14, 2020.
Part-Time Page Application - PDF
Stewartville Public Library Plans for Re-opening to the Public
While we know you're excited to come back into the building, a few changes are being made and new rules will need to be enforced to ensure the health and safety of both patrons and library staff.
1. We highly encourage you to continue using curbside if you can. This continues to be the lowest risk service model if you do not need to browse the collection, use the computers, or make copies.
2. A MAXIMUM of 10 people can be in the library at any given time. This number includes staff members. Please keep a minimum of six feet of distance between yourself and others.
3. All staff members will wear a face covering or mask when in public areas of the library.
4. Patrons are asked to please wear a mask or face covering while in the library. If they do not have a mask one will be provided. We also encourage the use of hand sanitizer and/or hand washing while in the library.
5. If you feel sick, please do not come to the library. Patrons appearing sick may be asked to leave.
6. The library is designating 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday through Friday for patrons who may be at higher risk for COVID-19. For the forseeable future, we will be open the following hours: MONDAY and THURSDAY: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND FRIDAY: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. SATURDAY: CURBSIDE ONLY 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
7. The public will no longer do their own copying. Please ask a staff member for assistance.
8. All four of our public computers are available. Please let a staff member know when you are done using a computer so that it can be properly disinfected for the next user.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
Questions? Contact Nate Deprey at email@example.com or call 507-533-4902.
Summer Reading 2020 - To Go!
The Stewartville Public Library is excited to announce our plans for Summer Reading 2020!
We are trying something different this summer at the Stewartville Public Library. While we would love to have a bunch of big, messy programs at the library, this is simply just not the summer to do that. Instead, we are planning something new and cool that we hope the children, parents, educators, and care providers of our community will love. This summer is going to be different, but that doesn’t mean that it can’t be awesome!
Similar to last summer, we will be offering reading records where children and teens can keep track of how much time they spend reading. We will have printed copies of the reading records available at the library beginning June 1. We will also have an online reading record that can be submitted from our website. Prize drawings will take place each week June 19 through August 21, and we are planning on a grand prize drawing at the end of the summer.
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐞
Each week, the library will be offering at least one program kit for kids and teens (and sometimes adults!) to take home and try. Kits can be picked up at the library starting at the beginning of their listed week. As we transition into this new format of programming, we may need to adjust the number of kits available; we ask for your patience as we navigate this new frontier together.
When applicable, we will have an instruction video for the kit on the library’s website, Facebook page, and YouTube Channel.
June 1 – Brush Bot STEM craft kit
June 8 – Spaghetti Tower kit
June 8 – Blackout Poetry kits (Kids, Teens, Adults)
June 15 – Pendulum experiment kit
June 22 – LED Throwies Stem craft kit
June 29 – Paper weaving kit
June 29 – July 31 Kid’s Camp Nanowrimo writing kits available
July 6 – Catapults kit
July 13 – Harmonica building kit
July 20 – Balloon Zipline experiments kit
July 27 – Coffee Filter STEM project kit
August 3 – Crane Building kit
August 10 Pom Pom Popper STEM project kit
𝐏𝐫𝐞-𝐊 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐝 𝐊𝐢𝐭𝐬
Hey Pre-K kids (and their parents), the library didn't forget about you for summer reading fun! Over the summer the library will be offering To Go kits designed especially for kids under the age of five. Pre-K Crowd kits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reading logs for kids under five are also available.
Kits will begin being available on:
Camp Nanowrimo is a digital writing retreat where participants can work on any type of creative writing project that they would like; whether that be a novel, scripts, stories, poems, essays, or even revisions of previously written work. Camp Nanowrimo starts on July 1 and runs through July 31. More information on the event can be found at nanowrimo.org.
The Stewartville Public Library will be offering Camp Nanowrimo options for children, teens, and adults.
Beginning on Monday, June 29, writing kits for children will be available for pickup at the library. These kits will include a notebook, writing utensils, and optional writing prompts for the month. Kits will be able to be picked up through Friday, July 31.
The teen and adult portion of Camp Nanowrimo will take place online. The library will be hosting a Facebook group for teen and adult writers to share in the Camp Nanowrimo experience. This group will also feature writing prompts for the month of July, word sprint events, and support throughout the writing process. Keep an eye out for the link to join the group on our Facebook page and website as July draws nearer.