Stewartville Public Library COVID-19 November UpdateAs we enter into the winter season and continue to see rises in COVID-19 cases, the Stewartville Public Library would like to remind our patrons of the precautions we are taking and are asking them to take as well.
- Masks or face coverings are required to enter the library. The library has masks available at the checkout desk if you do not have one. If you are unable to wear a mask, we also have face shields available. If you are unable or choose not to wear a mask or face covering, we are happy to provide you with curbside service.
- Curbside pickup continues to be the safest way to use the library and keep both patrons and staff healthy. While we understand the desire to come into the library to browse for your books and movies, we encourage you to use curbside service whenever possible.
- To streamline the curbside pickup process, the library has set up two curbside pickup parking spaces on the east side of our parking lot. When you arrive for a curbside pickup, please park in one of these spots and call the library to let us know you have arrived. A library staff member can either bring your items directly to your car or place them on the table outside our front door; whichever you are more comfortable with.
- When returning items, please use our new touch-free book drop in front of the library or the book drop to the left of our front door. All items are quarantined for 24 hours before being checked in. If you receive an overdue notice for an item you’ve already returned, it should disappear from your account soon.
- If you need documents printed, you may email them to email@example.com with your name and they will be printed and set in a folder at our curbside pickup table during our business hours.
- No more than 10 people, including staff, are allowed in the building at any time. If you must come in to browse, please keep visits brief and limit the number of family members joining you on your visit.
Stewartville Public Library Plans for Re-opening to the Public
While we know you're excited to come back into the building, a few changes are being made and new rules will need to be enforced to ensure the health and safety of both patrons and library staff.
1. We highly encourage you to continue using curbside if you can. This continues to be the lowest risk service model if you do not need to browse the collection, use the computers, or make copies.
2. A MAXIMUM of 10 people can be in the library at any given time. This number includes staff members. Please keep a minimum of six feet of distance between yourself and others.
3. All staff members will wear a face covering or mask when in public areas of the library.
4. Patrons are asked to please wear a mask or face covering while in the library. If they do not have a mask one will be provided. We also encourage the use of hand sanitizer and/or handwashing while in the library.
5. If you feel sick, please do not come to the library. Patrons appearing sick may be asked to leave.
6. The library is designating 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday through Friday for patrons who may be at higher risk for COVID-19. For the foreseeable future, we will be open the following hours: MONDAY and THURSDAY: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND FRIDAY: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. SATURDAY: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
7. The public will no longer do their own copying. Please ask a staff member for assistance.
8. All four of our public computers are available. Please let a staff member know when you are done using a computer so that it can be properly disinfected for the next user.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
Questions? Contact Nate Deprey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-533-4902.